Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Running in Kansas City

It has been a while since my last blog post, if you hadn't already figured that out.  This past weekend Marn and I went for a 4 mile run/walk race in Kansas City called Love2Run.   It was fun.  We ran a loop around the downtown airport that was nice and flat and also included some ice, which wasn't as much fun.  

A picture of me crossing the finish line:


We spent the night before in the Power and Light District of Kansas City.  We stayed in the Marriott Hotel downtown on the 18th floor, which had a great view.  We could actually see the airport from our room which helped psyche us up for the race.  We went out for our Valentine's day dinner (1 year engagement anniversary) to the 801 Chop Shop located in the P&L district.  It was really good, and super fancy.  I had a veal chop steak and Marn got scallops with a apple and cranberry sauce.  We sided those dishes with creamed peas and their Gnocci special for the night, which had mushrooms and Parmesan cheese smothered in fresh butter and cream.  If that wasn't enough, we even got Tiramisu to go along with it! We got to split a bottle of wine and I even got a glass of port with desert.  If your mouth is watering right now, I cant blame you.  It was one of the best meals I have ever had.  If your wondering why I am telling you what we had for dinner, read the next paragraph.

However great the meal sounded, which it was, I regretted having had it the night before a run.  I woke up with a semi-full stomach and felt fine, until I was about two miles into the run.  I didn't get sick or anything, but I had to slow way down to keep it that way.   Hence the 38 minutes to run 4 miles.  I was hoping for closer to 30 minutes, but oh well, theres always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment